This unpaid intern will report to the special events manager and work on third-party events, corporate relations projects and additional philanthropic activities. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with: Leader Dog’s spring fundraising event; personal online fundraising pages; coordinating logistics for Leader Dog’s “Dog Days of Summer” promotion; and developing new event ideas and fundraising strategies. Requirements also include attendance and involvement in internal meetings with outside consultants and some administrative duties such as meeting coordination and inventory tracking.
It is mandatory that students receive course credit for completion of the internship.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Minimum)
- Must be a college junior or senior studying communications, recreation and event management or related field
- This is a non-paid internship, and it is mandatory that students receive course credit
- Must be available to work 24 hours/3 days per week, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be responsible and organized
- Must be able to work effectively both individually and in a team
- Must be prompt and thorough
- Strives to excel and shows dedication through their work
- Must always exhibit professionalism
The selected candidate will need to successfully complete a background check and drug screen. Interested candidates will need to submit their PDF resume to the HR department at HumanResources@leaderdog.org.