Kids N’ Coins Program
- An opportunity for students to learn about Leader Dogs for the Blind and how we accomplish our mission of enhancing the lives of individuals who are blind or visually impaired.
- An opportunity for students to participate in a fundraiser to “Help Send a Leader Dog to School.”
- Established after 60 years of presenting to youth groups throughout Michigan.
- Raises awareness in four key areas:
- Organization & History
- Puppy Program & Training
- Student/Dog Team
- Blindness/Orientation & Mobility
- Some of the curriculum units educators have included the program in are:
- Working Animals
- The Human Eye
- Disability Awareness
- Everyday Heroes
- Community Involvement/Volunteerism
- The program can be as large (an entire school) or as small (one classroom) as required by each school’s needs.
- Presentations by Leader Dog volunteers or graduates may be available in some areas. For more information, visit our Kids N’ Coins section.