Policies and Procedures
Policies and Procedures for Event Host
- All fundraising events held under Leader Dogs for the Blind auspices must stay within the goals and policies of Leader Dogs for the Blind and be approved by Leader Dogs for the Blind.
- All fundraising events must be registered with Leader Dogs for the Blind.
- All publicity containing the Leader Dogs for the Blind name and/or logo must be approved by Leader Dogs for the Blind.
- No portion of any cost to a participant of a third party fundraising event will be assumed to be tax deductible without prior authorization from Leader Dogs for the Blind.
- Donations of money or material may be eligible for tax receipts as outlined by IRS guidelines and will be at the discretion of Leader Dogs for the Blind.
- If acquiring insurance and/or licenses for an event, it is the responsibility of the third party to apply and obtain in the name of the individual, organization or business coordinating the event.
Role of Leader Dogs for the Blind
Leader Dogs for the Blind will provide as much support as possible for your event. Please see below for additional detail.
Leader Dog will provide:
- Advice and suggestions on event planning.
- Promotion of your event to the community through the calendar of events on the Leader Dog website and social media channel – please register your event for maximum promotion and exposure!
- Information and brochures and—if possible—a Leader Dog representative.
Leader Dog cannot:
- Provide assistance in soliciting donations, handling mailings, attending committee meetings, recruiting attendees or collecting monies.
- Guarantee volunteer, board or staff attendance at the event.
- Share any donor lists or contacts.
- Assume responsibility of any nature or kind associated directly or indirectly with the event.
For more information about hosting an event, please contact our special events manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-777-5332.