Guide Dog Seminar
Practicing orientation and mobility (O&M) professionals have the opportunity to learn more about guide dog training, travel and field support requirements. A maximum of 12 O&M professionals may enroll in this overview and skill development program. Participants have the opportunity to experience guide dog challenges first hand and preview GPS navigational technology.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Participants must have completed university coursework and graduated at least six months prior to the seminar.
- Participants must be certified orientation and mobility specialists with at least six months of experience.
- Participants must not have previously attended this seminar within the last five years.
- Challenge Level: Easy to moderate
- Participants receive 11.5 ACVREP continuing education credits
- Classes Offered Annually: Two
- Seminar dates:
- Arrive Wednesday, May 29, 2019; seminar is Thursday, May 30 & Friday, May 30, 2019. Application deadline: Friday, April 26, 2019