- Competition between company departments, Lion’s clubs, classrooms or schools. Allow the winning “team” to keep the thank you gift/certificate in their room/clubhouse/work space.
- Plaster the walls with puppies or paws. Use cut-out outlines of a puppy/puppy paw from a template (or use a die-cut if available) and sell them for a set amount of money. The person who purchases the cut-out writes his/her name on it and the puppies are displayed in the club house, business or school.
- Pick your favorite puppy breed. You can download these three pictures (golden retriever, Labrador retriever and German shepherd) and have people put coins in the bucket for the breed they like best.
- Sponsor a Dog-Walk-A-Thon Weekend (or Dog-Wash-A-Thon). Participants will gather donations for walking (or washing) a dog, either their own or borrowed, for a set distance on a set weekend.
- Hold a Read-A-Thon. Participants will gather donations for reading books or a certain number of pages in a certain time frame. Each time a participant completes a book, put his/her name on a paw print or other predetermined symbol and display that in the meeting room, school or business.
- Hold a doggie treat bake sale. Bake dog treats and sell them. You can find an easy dog treat recipe online.
- Sponsor Pet Walking month. Participants walk friends' and families' dogs for a set price. This also promotes exercise for the participants.
- Create and sell doggone good items. Make and sell dog items or dog-themed items.
- Hold a bake, yard or craft sale. Collect and sell items with the proceeds going to Leader Dog.
- Have a potluck lunch. Gather a group and plan a potluck lunch. Encourage participants to donate the money they would normally spend on such a feast to Leader Dog.
- Sponsor a dinner in the dark. Plan a great menu, sell tickets, invite everyone to the event and then pass our blindfolds to everyone as they enter the room.
- Host a beer and wine tasting/euchre party/game night/chili cook-off. Pick something you enjoy doing, organize an event, charge admission and send the profits to Leader Dog.
- Hold a sports tournament or event. Plan a three-on-three basketball tournament, horseshoe tournament, golf outing or other sports-related event.
- Concession sales. Join a local softball tournament, soccer event or community fair committee and sell something!
- Arrange a concert/fashion show/talent show. Gather some local talent and hold a special show to raise funds and awareness for Leader Dog.
- Sell holiday wreaths/gift wrap/Easter candy/Valentine's roses. Find something that everyone needs and sell it to them!
- Casual day or hat day. Give people the opportunity to donate for the privilege of dressing down (or up if you are already casual) for one day.
If you are interested in hosting a third-party event to benefit Leader Dog, please review our Policies and Procedures.
For more information about hosting an event, please contact our special events manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-777-5332.