Guide Dog Handler Resources
We've compiled the following resources and listings to help you succeed as a working guide dog team. If your question or concern about working with a Leader Dog isn't covered here, our client services team is ready to help you find the answers.
New Guide Dog Handlers
Bringing a Leader Dog home will cause changes in your home, with your family, and in your workplace. The following guidelines should help make the transition as easy for everyone involved as possible.
- Preparing your home for your new dog
- Instructions for family and friends
- Guide to Leader Dogs in the workplace
- ADA Information Resources
- ADA Business BRIEF: Service Animals
- American Council of the Blind
- Delta Society
- Guide to Assistance Dog Laws, published by Assistance Dogs International
- American Council of the Blind (ACB) strives to improve the well-being of all blind and visually impaired people by serving as a representative national organization of people who are blind.
- Guide Dog Users, Inc. (GDUI) strives to promote civil rights and enhance the quality of life of working guide dog teams.
- International Association of Assistance Dog Partners (IAADP) fosters the assistance dog movement in the United States and throughout the world.
- Lions Clubs International is a volunteer-based organization that offers a variety of services to people who are blind, Deaf or Deaf-Blind.
- National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU) is a division of the National Federation of the Blind, the oldest and largest organization of people who are blind in the United States.
- National Federation of the Blind (NFB) works to improve the lives of people who are blind through advocacy, education, research, technology, and programs encouraging independence and self-confidence.